Location: Hybrid from Mountain View, CA or Seattle, WA. Paid relocation available to these locations.
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang has been added into the 2023 fortune 500 list, a ranking U.S-based companies by revenue. We have been named as one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World’ by MIT Technology Review, and as one of Forbes magazine’s ‘30 Global Game Changers.’ In 2020, we placed second on CNBC’s ‘Disruptor 50’ list.
The Cyber-Engineering and Security Automation team is responsible to build and operate security services across the domains of cybersecurity like Product Security Engineering, Identity and Access Engineering, Governance and Risk Engineering, Privacy Engineering, Vulnerability Management detection and remediation automation, Cloud security engineering, 3rd party risk, and Detection & Response automation. Cyber-Engineering and Security Automation team is a team of builders who code in multiple programming languages to solve problems that are on the cutting edge of security. Team builds on modern Kubernetes centered microservices and cloud native platform using Java, Spring, Golang, Python, C++
We are looking for a senior engineer who has deep understanding of modern full stack development or java backend and possibly security in a distributed system. You will be responsible to design the architecture and lead the team to deliver a modern security platform that powers all Coupang’s internal and external security applications.
What You Will Do
As a Staff Software Engineer in Cyber-Engineering team, you will partner with leaders of multiple platform teams. You will work closely with the product team to define and implement simple solutions of complex infrastructure problems while ensuring to build a highly scalable, reliable and efficient security platform. You will technically lead projects working on full stack development teams using JAVA, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, gRPC and another modern stacks.You will be accountable for raising the bar on engineering and operational excellence. In this role, you will:
- Take ownership of internal security applications related to DevSecOps, Cloud Security, and centralized security platforms and rapidly iterate while collaborating actively as part of a small, highly talented team.
- Write back-end APIs using REST/GraphQL/Hibernate using the Springboot and python frameworks.
- Architect workload and service management infrastructure.
- Hands-on develop critical infrastructure components.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, providing mechanisms for the teams to prioritize ruthlessly and “move with urgency”.
- Demonstrate excellence resulting in scalable systems and services with the highest quality architecture and design.
- Dive deep into critical system issues, proactively addressing similar root causes, and raise the bar on Operational Excellence.
- Collaborate with other Coupang tech leaders to make the service extensible to unlock opportunities for innovations.
- One who has bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical fields.
- One who has 8+ years professional software development experience, or 6 years’ experience with advanced degree.
- One who has 2+ years’ experience of project tech lead.
- One who has hands-on experience in designing and developing large scale distributed system in the last 3 years.
- One who is fluent in one or more among C++, Java and Go.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $138,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $309,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.