We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As a Sr. Staff Cloud Platform Engineer , this role will focus on Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Services and processes at its best to enhance Cloud infrastructure reliability & system efficiencies, productivity, availability, acalability and system quality at 10X scale. This role will be responsible for diving deep into business problems, understanding current customer pain points, system domain, current Platform limitations (if exists) and then work closely with engineering teams / leaders to design and architect new system / services leveraging cloud infrastructure that can scale 10X better in terms of reliability, availability performance and efficiency. This includes providing system architecture artifacts, accountability on cloud infrastructure choices that can perform and scale at 10X level but are still efficient, guidance on using right machine type, network designs, deployment auotmation etc . You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit.
Key Skills and Role Responsibilities:
- Strong experience on Cloud DevOps tools and coding (CI/CD, IaaC, Terraform, Terragrunt, Terratest, Python, Cloud Formation, Ansible, GitHub, CircleCI, Jenkins and Infra Automation)
- Self-service code development and end-to-end back cloud deployment automation for application stack.
- Provide a roadmap and vision for scalable and robust growth for your cloud infrastructure and platform services to enable achieving 99.999% availability.
- Strong technical analytical & design capability to understand common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data to provide appropriate network, infrastructure recommendations
- Strong working experience on Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and cloud services integrations.
- 100% accountable for the reliable, scalable and optimized cloud architecture, design and platform services.
- Serve as Cloud Engineering for Cloud infrastructure Architecture, Design and Deployment and maintenance for highly reliable and scalable applications.
- Solves complex technical problems in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) and Private Cloud environment and improves Operational Excellence.
- Strong ability to dive deep to understand current cloud infra and systems architecture to provide strategic partnership and improvements on network usage, role management, CDN, domains and cloud infra security.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools.
- Identify opportunities to make disruptive improvements in cloud infrastructure usage, operations and services with high degree of systematic automation.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (sub millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.999% uptime), enterprise architecture best practices
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to details
- Provide a roadmap and vision for scalable and robust growth for cloud infrastructure and platform services
- Collaborate with custmers, stakeholders and lead engineers on key mission-critical projects
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 15+ Years of strong hands-on experience in cloud platform engineering.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience on system engineering, Cloud DevOps and Cloud SRE
- 5+ years of hands-on experience leading system design, architecture leveraging AWS or Azure services
- 7+ years of demonstrable hands-on experience building and operating infrastructure as code (Iac). Comfortable with many flavors of Linux
- 7+ year’s of hands-on experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- 5+ year’s of hands-on experience in building and managing high-performance, highly-available and scalable Hybrid Cloud cloud environments .
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- AWS Certification Advance Archiecting, Developing on AWS,
- Strong hands-on experience on automating App stack deployments through IaC using Tarraform, Python or Go.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience as a Cloud Infra Engineering
- Team leading experience
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $142,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $270,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.