We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the Team
Growth Marketing (GM) organization is responsible for enabling all things related to sustainable and efficient marketing traffic, conversion, retention, and growth at Coupang. We are one of the largest performance advertisers in the World and have invested in a full funnel marketing tech stack powered through 9+ platforms across areas. Growth Product is the product management arm of Growth Marketing and is supported by dedicated Growth Engineering, Data Science and Analytics team with in the larger GM org.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is one of key channel for Growth Marketing to bring high intent traffic to Coupang. This role will require deep ML expertise to optimize bidding, creatives, content and landing page for better conversion of SEM traffic. This role will also be responsible to fully automate bid management that leverages ML to optimize our marketing budget and augment capabilities of inhouse built keywork generation, management, and bidding system. The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, rich background in SEM product and tooling and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects and will have a well-rounded background partnering with business, engineering, and ML teams. This role will require collaborating closely with Data Science to build, continuously validate, and evolve optimization algorithms. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are hands-on and not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing and Information Services or related quantitative fields
- 7+ years of product management or program management experience in Ad Tech industry with 3+ year experience in building products related to SEM.
- Deep understanding of ML for optimization across the lifecycle of bidding management for SEM.
- Ability to work with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability, and performance.
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and work across organization.
- Domain expertise in building SEM products/services serving multi-million-dollar (10 Mn USD+) budget.
- Experience of building a ML driven bid management offering is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible.
- Excellent leadership and communication (written and verbal) skills to drive recommendations, articulate tradeoffs and communicate plans to senior executives.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
- (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( email@example.com ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.