We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As our Staff Ranking Engineer for Query Recommendations team, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new query-related features and improve existing features for many product areas we own.
Query Recommendation team is responsible for Coupang’s query-related features such as autocomplete, trending searches, personalized interests, related searches and many more exciting product features that drive customers’ engagement and business growth.
We use state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies, and we continuously innovate and build highly scalable systems to support the growing business and customer engagement.
What You Will Do
- Own one or a few query-related recommendation features engineering implementation. You are in full charge of these features’ engagement and business impact.
- Develop new recommendation algorithms or improve existing algorithms by using either Machine Learning models or hand-tuned algorithms.
- Mine vast amount of data to gain insights from customer behavior
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and other engineering teams to build holistic experience that’s right for Coupang users.
- Responsible for the production systems that the team owns.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with building/maintaining search ranking or recommendation systems.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving problems in recommendation or search ranking areas.
- Having experience of NLP and direct working experience on autocomplete suggestions are strongly preferred.
- Fast paced self-learner with proven record of launching successful features and improving business metrics.
- Write robust and efficient code using Java, Python etc with unit and integration tests
- Understand production environment, continuous build, monitoring and alerting. Able to dive deep to debug and resolve usual production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent. Master or higher degrees preferred
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .