We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
In Growth Engineering, our goal is to increase the number of transacting Customers while also growing their purchase frequency and lifetime value. We build core platforms and services that power Coupang’s growth. Various platforms under our portfolio include Search Advertising Platform, Affiliate Platform, Display targeting & re-targeting Platform, CRM, Audience Platform, Push Marketing Platform, and other core marketing services for landing, tracking & attribution. We leverage big data, NoSQL, analytics, real-time processing and Machine Learning to build mission-critical and highly scalable services that are reliable 24/7.
As our Staff Machine Learning Engineer for Growth Engineering, you will play a critical role in driving innovation in Machine Learning enablement of Growth / Marketing platforms. You will design & develop machine learning models, optimization algorithms and new product features for our portfolio of platforms. You will collaborate with various Growth Engineering teams to build and deploy statistical and optimization models that will directly help grow customers, increase wallet share and improve ROAS. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive Coupang’s growth and create a world where our customers ask, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’
- Collaborate closely with Business, Product & Engineering leaders to identify opportunities to leverage ML to drive growth and improve efficiencies across various growth channels
- Lead and execute ML initiatives end to end in close collaboration across teams to deliver impact
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models and systems to improve ad targeting, keyword bidding, product & offer recommendations, personalized ads and various other aspects of the growth stack
- Develop new techniques for marketing campaign automation – budget reallocation & management, next best action, auto-bidding, etc. – to drive operation and financial efficiencies
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
- Own definition, measurement, and reporting of relevant metric
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in machine learning, statistics, applied math or a quantitative field
- Hands-on technical experience working with large data sets to drive significant business and financial impact, preferably in e-commerce
- Deep knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling
- Experience building and productionizing innovative scalable end-to-end machine learning systems
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Excellent communicator, both to technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional and globally distributed teams
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent
- Experience in AdTech / MarTech
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .