We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living more effortless than ever, we are collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We’re one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies with an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a significant global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurs surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, hyper-connected world.
The Data Infrastructure team in the Data Platform organization serves Hadoop clusters, DW, and Orchestration platforms across the entire business domain. The infrastructure managed by the Data Infrastructure team provides various data processing related to Coupang services, including log analysis, recommendation, price comparison, AB testing, search indexing, advertising, and rocket delivery. We are confident that we are playing a pivotal role in experiencing the best e-commerce for Coupang's customers.
The Data Infrastructure team simultaneously serves hundreds of Hadoop clusters in cloud environments and has the infrastructure and know-how to reliably scale to thousands of nodes. To this end, open sources such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Airflow, Oozie, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Java and Python are used as development languages.
Our vision is to provide modern self-service tools to enhance engineering productivity, making it easy for anyone to utilize our data, and build a platform that is consistently scalable and reliable. We are looking for a software engineer who will create the most robust platform services at a global level beyond Korea!
With a solid understanding of big data technology and skilled development capabilities, the Staff Data Infra Engineer will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Provide a roadmap and vision for scalable and robust growth for your data infrastructure team
- Collaborate with stakeholders and lead engineers on key mission-critical projects
- Leading the design and deployment of big data infrastructure architectures
- Hadoop/Data Warehouse infrastructure Maintanence
- Establish Data Warehouse governance and improve cluster operation efficiency
- Self-service development to improve cluster operational efficiency and user experience
- As a Backend Engineer, participate in business/technical improvement projects from a data platform perspective
- Modern data engineering technology research and product development
- Bachelor's degree or/and master's degree in computer science and equivalent majors
- Proficient in at least one or more Java, Scala, Python
- More than 10 years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining large software infrastructures
- Have expertise in distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- More than 3 years of experience in developing and operating enterprise DW platform (RedShift, Netezza, Greenplum, Exadata, Teradata)
- Great communication skills and someone who likes to share your experiences and learnings with your colleagues
- People who try to automate without maintaining manual or repetitive tasks
- Experience in designing and developing data pipelines in cloud environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience in leading projects and initiatives with complex scope
- High competency in SQL writing and OLTP / Batch SQL Tuning
- Strong experiences with RedShift
- Experience with Snowflake and Databricks
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $151,090/year in our lowest geographic market to $300,105/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors, including market location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.