About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View - Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
As a Staff Data Engineer for the Coupang Play team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the data lake, data warehouse, and data pipelines that enable data-driven decision-making for Coupang Play.
In this role, you will build reliable and scalable data transformation which process tera bytes of data each day and build the foundation of many products in Coupang Play. At this scale, you will need to ensure fault tolerance and robustness to deliver accurate results on time.
What You Will Do
- Oversee and maintain existing data pipelines for job consistency and data integrity and omission.
- Assert quality of data is maintained at the highest level possible.
- Create new or modify existing pipelines to provide data to various tasks.
- Design and create new framework for data flow so that data can be produced and consumed in real-time for new type of products.
- Discuss with various stakeholders to improve existing exchange method of raw data.
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 10+ years of software development experience with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, data pipelines and data warehousing.
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python or similar languages.
- Strong hands-on experience in distributed processing using Spark and Hive.
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud Computing platforms and understanding of scalability and reliability issues.
- Able to proactively communicate with internal/external departments and proactive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of using large-scale distributed infrastructures for data processing (e.g., Kafka, Redis, Hive/Spark on Hadoop) is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Machine Learning domain to closely work on a relevant team.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.