Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection, and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang Travel makes connection and travel easier for everyone to experience the world. Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Today, we are building an ecosystem that connects all parts of our customers’ trips, from accommodation to tickets, tours, and more. Coupang travel is passionate about helping people travel. We see challenges as opportunities, and we are always ready for change and resolving problems.
We are looking for passionate hard-core backend software engineers to build large-scale systems, infrastructure to power the Coupang Travel business from the scratch. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance reliability, as well as optimize resource efficiency.
Let's create a world in which customers ask, how did I ever live without Coupang together!
What You Will Do:
- Design and build a new backend Travel/Accommodation Management Service for sellers.
- Design and build a new Travel Search Engine to support travel business growth.
- Design and build a new Travel Recommendation Engine to support travel business growth.
- Integrate with the 3 rd party solutions that 100% meet Coupang security & privacy standards.
- Being a team player to work efficiently with partner teams: Marketplace team, Front-end team, Pricing team, Ads team, etc., in Seoul, Seattle and Shanghai offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 8+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 7+ years of coding experience in one of the following: with: Java, C++, Golang, C#
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with travel systems or be in travel industry.
- Experience with inventory management systems.
- Experience with recommendation or search systems.
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system.
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)