We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
- This key role will own the technical direction for the AI and Machine Learning Platform that powers all of Coupang’s experiences
- You’ll Have The Opportunity To Work On a Wide Variety Of Projects That Support The ML Lifecycle From Ideation To Production.
- Build scalable distributed training systems to power groundbreaking models, leveraging the latest algorithms, techniques and hardware available
- Create robust and scalable real-time ML inference systems meeting demanding requirements for low-latency, efficiency, and workflow flexibility
- Build ergonomic ML Workflows & Experimentation tracking tools to accelerate development/iteration productivity for ~50 ML Engineers & Data Scientists
- Ensure real-time detection of problems afflicting ML models via ML Observability tools
- Create ML Governance tooling to ensure that all ML use cases adhere to high-quality standards and policies
- Utilize OSS ML Platform technologies such as PolyAxon, Kubeflow, ML Flow, or Metaflow
- Work side by side with customer teams including Search Relevance, Fulfillment Centers, Product Catalogs, etc. to deliver high-impact product wins
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience
- Knowledgeable with Data Science tools and frameworks (i.e Python, Scikit, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, R, Spark)
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation, etc.)
- Knowledge of data query and data processing tools (i.e. SQL)
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning)
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control systems (i.e Git, Github) and workflows, and the ability to write production-ready code
- Experience deploying highly scalable software supporting millions or more users
- Experience with GPU acceleration (i.e CUDA and cuDNN)
- Experience with integrating applications and platforms with cloud technologies (i.eAWS and GCP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct meetings and make professional presentations, and explain complex concepts and technical material to non-technical users
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.