Senior, Web Engineer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
As a Web Frontend Engineer for the Web platform, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements to enhance user experience.
What You Will Do
- Build and develop new user facing features on Web platform, to enhance the user experience
- Develop close relationships with Product, Design, UI/UX and Backend Infrastructure
- Problem Solve with Engineers and create solutions, to provide an exceptional user experience, whilst also coordinating services on the backend side
- Drive best practice by writing reusable, modular, testable code and libraries
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
- Deep understanding of modern web development frameworks and building interactive web applications
- Ability to interpret key design principles and apply responsive/adaptive designs
- Launched 1 major product features in the last year
- Proven experience in using React.js, Angular.js, Rest Services and reactive patterns
- Experience in developing Smart TV platform (LG Web OS, Samsung Tizen OS)
- Expert domain knowledge in developing application on Chromecast, Roku
- Experience with Shaka Player, Video JS, W3C Media Player, web and media security (Authentication, authorization, Widevine DRM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently