Senior Staff UX Researcher_Product Research
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Reporting to the Head of UX research, the Sr. Staff UX Researcher of Product Research will be a core member of the UX leadership team, responsible for managing the research required to conceive and deliver a best-in-class customer experience of Coupang products/service. S/he will be expected to plan innovative research programs and employ the latest research methodologies to analyze customer behavior to derive actionable insights for product innovation and improvement. With its innovative technology and operational know-how, Coupang is transforming the entire customer experience. S/he will build a product strategy based on the research and will execute/monitor it by collaborating with marketer, UX designer, product owner, engineer, program manager and business stakeholders. The Product UX team in Seoul and is key to this transformation, tasked with creating an amazing search, discovery and shopping experience for all our Customers. We are obsessed about improving every step of the user experience, from the moment customers sign up for a new Coupang account in our mobile app or website to finding the product they’re looking for, making the purchase, and picking up the delivery items at their front door.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate to develop the product strategy with marketing, UX design, CX product, engineering, program management, and business operation and lead/manage to convert customer insights to action.
- Design and own the overall qualitative/quantitative research strategy and roadmap.
- Analyze and interpret customer behavior to inform wider business strategy.
- Employ latest research methodologies to improve research quality and reliability.
- Help shape the future state of products/categories by driving product decisions through the provision of actionable insights, collaborating with cross-functional teams (UX, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Fulfillments).
- Manage research vendors and provide guidance to outsourced projects.
- Build capability within the wider team, raising standards and act as a leadership role model.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience managing a high performing team of market/consumer/UX researchers within a tier 1 global company.
- 10+ years of experience employing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies within a consumer-orientated business model
- Background in UX Research, Market Research, Consumer Analysis, Usability Testing, Strategic Analysis, etc
- Closely partnered with Design and Product owners to develop strategy and rationale for features
- Ability to collaborate with various organizations and communicate effectively
- Able to pitch and hold in depth discussions with the C-level stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Korean
- Ability to conduct efficient research planning within a fast-paced, agile environment where resources and time must be prioritized effectively
- Hands-on; able to solve issues by deep diving and logically deriving insights via multiple data sources
- Able to operate autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements
- Domain knowledge of the e-commerce and/or food delivery sectors or understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.