We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Global Operations (GO) is a department in Coupang operating Order Fulfillment, Inventory and Logistics to ensure a fast and high-quality delivery service to Coupang’s customers. The GO Data Science group builds machine learning and optimization models/algorithms and manages end-to-end data science solutions to solve business problems with complex rules and conflicting objectives, such as labor planning, task scheduling, fulfillment center picking/stowing optimization, operational anomaly detection and transportation routing. The Data Science Engineering team within GO Data Science develops, deploys, and maintains the group’s production algorithms - at the scale required by Coupang’s fast-moving fulfillment business.
The desired candidate will help FTS build systems that drive the overall process and workflow of Coupang's FC, inventory and logistics system. This work will not only include designing and building world-class systems, driving adoption of advanced technologies in machine learning and optimization but also collaborating with product owners and stake holders to align on the technical directions.
- Lead the implementation and operation of a platform that facilitates training data science algorithms and deploying machine learning models at scale
- Oversee the development of services enabling the automation of data science pipelines from data access to model deployment into production
- Envision and drive alignment with stakeholders of the appropriate roadmap and future direction of technology for GODS
- Drive the team’s technical direction and strategy while shaping long-term vision and architecture
- Lead and continuously improve development processes of the team, setting a high bar for engineering excellence
- Recruit world-class talents
- Write code when necessary to lead by example and help with high priority projects. Dive deep into state-of-the-art ML/optimization technologies
- Masters degree in Computer Science or another equivalent discipline
- 7+ years of experience in software development at technology companies
- Solid track record of delivering large and complex systems with significant business impact
- Experience of designing and developing large-scale distributed systems and architectures
- 7+ years of experience in developing and operating backend services and web applications
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python and C++ and required tools to develop, debug and optimize code
- Excellent communications and collaborations across teams and across functionalities
- Capable of object-oriented design and development
- Strong familiarity developing with Java and the Spring Framework
- Service development and operational experience in an AWS environment
- Experience driving improvements in code quality
- Experience with logistics-related service development
- Experience in automating build/test/deploy
- Experience with Git system for version control
- Experience with relational and column-oriented databases
- Agile experience
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $192,150/year in our lowest geographic market to $356,850/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
G eneral Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .