We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As our Staff Software Engineer for Coupang Media Group , you will be responsible for designing and developing our advertising platform to support Coupang's fast business growth.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant ads across our website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services to fuel Coupang ad business's future growth by providing self-service advertising capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
We are actively seeking dedicated Senior Staff Software Engineers to join our dynamic team in constructing a large-scale data pipeline and robust online systems that drive our advertising products. This role calls for working on cutting-edge search, recommendation, and machine learning technologies to augment the power and reach of our advertising initiatives. As a crucial part of the team, you will take charge of creating low-latency, highly available services and systems, and constructing APIs for streamlined programmatic integrations.
If you are deeply passionate about developing efficient, distributed services and AI-driven systems, and are excited about the immense opportunities that come with building a world-class Coupang Advertising business, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
- Identify opportunities to initiate technical investments and drive milestones within the Ads serving platform.
- Design and construct robust, scalable, and efficient distributed ad systems.
- Execute and deliver impactful system solutions that benefit multiple teams in Ads.
- Drive and manage multiple impactful initiatives and projects concurrently.
- Mentor and provide guidance to fellow team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 10+ years of solid experience with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems.
- 8+ years of coding experience, specifically in Java.
- Hands-on experience in building large-scale serving and data infrastructure.
- Practical experience in utilizing AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Experience in designing and constructing machine learning-based applications and systems.
- Experience in designing and constructing systems and applications for advertising/search advertising, search, and recommendations.
- Experience in leading cross-team system design and execution.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $159,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $324,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .