We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
In Growth Engineering, our goal is to increase the number of transacting Customers while also growing their purchase frequency and lifetime value. We build core platforms and services that power Coupang’s growth. Various platforms under our portfolio include Search Advertising Platform, Affiliate Platform, Display targeting & re-targeting Platform, CRM, Audience Platform, Push Marketing Platform, and other core marketing services for landing, tracking & attribution. We leverage big data, NoSQL, analytics, real-time processing and Machine Learning to build mission-critical and highly scalable services that are reliable 24/7.
- Build scalable systems that will have a direct impact on customer acquisition, experience, conversion and retention
- Take full ownership of the product : from development to cloud deployment
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent coding skills, with emphasis on object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, refactoring, performance improvement and complexity analysis
- Experience with open source frameworks and technologies, like Spring, AWS, APIs, NoSQL, Big Data Technologies (Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka etc.)
- Hands on Java
- Distributed systems experience is a must, should be skilled at building applications at scale, and working on tradeoffs based on business demand
- Taking ownership comes naturally to you and you thrive in an environment where priorities and requirements are not always clear.
- Comfortable working in an agile fast paced startup-like environment and you have the ability to learn fast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with large datasets
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions Pay & Benefits
Pay & Benefits:
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $113,715 /year in our lowest geographic market to $211,185/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.