We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As a Senior Product Owner for the Coupang pricing team, you will be responsible for
developing scalable pricing solutions for our business stakeholders across millions of catalog
items and competitor pricing data points. You will collaborate with leaders from
engineering, data science, operations, and various business teams to help protect Coupang
customer trust in our prices and drive opportunities for future business growth.
What You Will Do
- Develop, maintain, and communicate product vision, roadmaps, goals and milestones.
- Define use case, product requirements, documents, and proposals with clear minimum viable product (MVP) definition and success metrics
- Collaborate, communicate, and provide progress reports with key stakeholders
- Identify and prioritize support resources necessary to achieve successful program outcomes
- Develop the end-to-end operating plan and process in coordination with the business to successfully achieve business targets and objective key results (OKRs)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, management and information Services or related quantitative fields
- 5+ years of experience with product management, program management, or marketing channel management working utilizing Agile software development methodologies
- Deep-dive analytical skills that can take ambiguous problems and translate them into scoped features and projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs between time, resources, and business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence others without authority
- 8+ years of experience in product management, program management, or consulting is a plus
- Previous e-commerce or pricing domain experience
- Experience working in international environments and globally distributed teams
- Fluency in English and Korean preferred, but not required.
- SQL/HQL and/or technical development background a plus
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $153,090/year in our lowest geographic market to $284,310/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .