We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Manager, FP&A for Rocket Growth Finance Team. This position will be responsible for pulling and auditing all relevant internal metrics and providing fundamental analysis of metric variance in Rocket Growth (One of the Fastest Growing business in Coupang). This person will work closely with Rocket Growth CFO in providing full explanations around root causes behind metric changes; to deep dive with dependent groups in coming to root cause; and provide insights across key parts of our business to achieve strategic plans and goals. You should design, develop and monitor various matrixes around Profitability Management in Rocket Growth Business, giving guidance to business leaders on factors impacting business profitability and establishing matrixes to continuously monitor and business performance. You will also monitor the data trends and raise the red flag in case of any abnormal trends and recommend the specific action plan. You will perform root cause analysis by retrieving right data. One of the key focus will be Inventory loss management in fast growing business and also getting deep. understanding of the delivered costs to ensure profit maximization.
What you will do
- Lead financial analysis to achieve the business goals
- Produce reports on weekly / monthly CS business performance metrics and Make call outs in timely manner
- Build data visibility for stakeholders and Provide ad-hoc analysis or automated dashboard as requested and Lead data-driven decision making
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years+ experience in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, strategic finance, or related field focused on financial modeling or forecasting
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense
- Ability to self-start with minimal supervision and engage with other stakeholders within the business
- Intermediate/expert level with Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Finance Qualification (CPA)
- Experience with SQL queries, Tableau & organizing large datasets
- Fluency in English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.