Product Manager - Play Operations (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
The Play Operations team plays a critical role in partnering with content providers globally and managing an extensive content library and related metadata at Coupang Play. We are looking for a talented Product Manager II – Play Operations with an analytical mindset, a strong bias for urgency and action, and a proven track-record of success to join our team to own our CMS platform and accelerate content workflows for Coupang Play.
What You Will Do
- Define and own the vision, strategy, goals and roadmap for content operations and management at Coupang Play
- Develop a deep understanding of our Customers and content teams, and dive deep into analytics to identify the biggest opportunities to solve Customer needs and accelerate operational workflows
- Own features and initiatives end-to-end, including creating detailed product & business requirements to guide design/technical direction, driving cross-functional execution, making high-impact product decisions along the way, and sharing actionable insights and learnings across the org
- Collaborate with marketing, content and other product teams on go-to-market strategies and execution of major product- and content-related initiatives
- Drive alignment with stakeholders including executives, business leaders, product, operations and infrastructure teams
- 5+ years of product management or related industry experience in building content management platforms
- Strong analytical and systematic thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Experience working in a technical environment with a broad, cross-functional team to drive product vision, define product requirements, manage & coordinate resources, and lead the team through key milestones
- Deep customer empathy and product craft, with a strong attention to detail
- Bias for action with a sense of urgency and high agency – willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with fluency in both Korean and English and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate strategies, decisions, and trade-offs to executive leadership
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Sciences, or a related field
- OTT service or livestreaming experience
- Experience in building CMS platforms
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Experience with distributed systems, big data, and machine learning
- Experience with NLP, information retrieval, and computer vision
- Startup experience