We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Compliance organization develops minimum policies and standards, provides appropriate guidance, and helps to implement and monitor controls to identify and mitigate compliance risks across the entire Coupang organization. The team partners with business lines and shared services functions to design products, services and controls which reduce compliance vulnerabilities, and govern the process for measuring, monitoring, and reporting compliance risks. The team is growing and works on novel compliance issues across an expanding group of Coupang products and services.
What You Will Do
Implement Ethics & Compliance Policies and Code of Conduct:
- Ensure groupwide implementation of Global Policies and Code of Conduct;
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders across the group companies to ensure Ethics and Compliance Policies are adequately implemented and followed.
- implement and run systems for on ground implementation of policies and procedures (for eg: Conflict of Interest Declaration, Gifts and Entertainment approval forms etc.)
Raise awareness on Ethics & Compliance Standards:
- Implement and monitor mechanisms to increase awareness for Ethics and Compliance policies and Company’s code of conduct amongst employees;
- Manage ethical on-boarding processes for new employees;
- Ensure deployment of suitable trainings, awareness posters/messages/emails for at-risk populations and employees;
Reporting and Monitoring:
- Execute reporting and monitoring activities for Ethics and Compliance requests and approvals.
*Job Title will be dependent on the candidate experience. It will be Senior analyst or Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline but with experience in Ethics and Compliance;
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Ethics, Compliance, Forensic, Internal/external investigations;
- Experience with building systems for compliance approvals, tracking and monitoring;
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural setting;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access or similar computer software;
· Self-starter, ambitious and flexible
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA); Certified Internal Audit (CIA); Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) law degree/license, or similar designations are preferred.
- Fluent in English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Reference Check - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- This is a full-time regular position and includes 12 weeks of probation period once hired.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( email@example.com ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.