We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Team Description (3-5 sentences):
- Use Coupang Rocket Growth's performance data to analyze data to increase sales and profitability
- Drawing insights from different analyses, creating a data-driven decision-making environment, and resolving bottlenecks
- Create formalized analysis frames, perform various analyses, and automate reports and dashboards
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
1. Provide business direction by performing data analysis tasks necessary for achieving and managing Rocket Growth goals and deriving insights
2. Measure sales productivity and key sales and profitability indicators to guide performance improvement
3. Hypothesis establishment and validation to investigate bottlenecks in sales and present data-driven action plans
4. Create and maintain data extraction, analysis dashboards, and reports
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher and complete a major related to mathematics, statistics, etc
- Has at least 3 years of data analysis and hands-on experience
- Proficient at processing/extracting/analyzing/reporting data using SQL+ (R or Python)
- Who has experience in establishing and verifying hypotheses with various analysis techniques and solving problems by deriving logical reasoning and insights based on the results
- Who has experience working with various related departments to lead projects such as data-based communication and suggestions based on their analysis results
- Who can make priorities in a rapidly changing work environment and respond by creating effective results (effective multitasking ability is critical)
- Experience with workflow/task scheduler (e.g. airflow), big data query engines (e.g. Hive, Presto, Spark), or data pipelines (ETL)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power-BI)
- English proficiency
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
- (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( email@example.com ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.