We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the role:
Principal Brand Manager will be primarily responsible for 1) setting the strategic direction of his or her category, 2) Managing a category P&L, 3) Building strategic growth and selection plans, 4) Negotiate new and direct partnerships, 5) improving profit and business terms, 6) leading key project areas that help drive sustained improvements across the larger Coupang Retail organization, and 7) driving and executing at both a strategic and tactical level.
Some specific things you’ll work on:
- Create short-term & long-term business strategies and category plans utilizing internal and external data, industry trends and competitive trends.
- Develop reporting and dashboards to identify key input/output relationship trends, in addition to creating new metrics to support KPIs.
- Identify whitespace opportunities, develop, and executes project plans to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Drive key projects above and beyond category ownership that will help drive sustained improvements across the larger Coupang Retail organization.
- Lead top-to-top vendor meetings with strategic vendor partners.
- Lead merchandising optimization efforts for selection coverage and traffic acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in a related field
- High proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools to drive and influence business decisions
- Experience with SQL and/or tableau data visualization
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems and move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree, +2 years post-MBA experience
- Direct experience in buying, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation
- International experience
- Bilingual in Korean
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .