Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As a Manager, Instock Management for Global Consumer Direct, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
We are looking for a talented, smart, and enthusiastic leader with a strong customer focus to manage inventory and replenishment for Coupang’s Global Consumer Direct business. This position will lead a team of Instock Managers and is responsible for developing and executing best practices in managing inventory, supply chain, and operations to maximize customer experience, sales, margin, instock rates and inventory turns. This is a high visibility, high impact role and requires strong communication (written & verbal) and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to deliver results. Successful candidates will be those able to prioritize well, display Ownership, Dive Deep and have a consistent track record of hiring & developing a strong team and delivering results. The role requires superb business judgment, instock, supply chain, or operations management experience.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. The Manager, Instock Management will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and inventory health.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for driving initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and operational performance, and will work closely with our Brand Management, Marketing, Tech teams and our vendors to improve customer experience.
- A successful candidate in this role will lead a team to deliver process improvements and drive automation, while continuously improving operational metrics for the business to support the growth of the category
- Determining inventory strategies to optimize sales, margins, turns and inventory health, and leading the team to execute
- Manage the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time
- Monitoring, analyzing, and owning key performance indicators such as instock rate, vendor lead time, fill rate, and forecast accuracy
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Establishing expertise on product lifecycle transitions and effectively optimizing forecasts, planning, and procurement parameters
- Demonstrating good judgment and establishing the right goals & priorities
- Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics
- Mentoring, managing, and supporting their team of direct reports
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 6+ years of experience in inventory management, vendor management, purchasing, forecasting, and/or demand planning
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools to drive and influence business decisions
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems
- Bachelor's degree majored in supply chain, operations, business, finance, analytical or related majors
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- MBA or MS in: Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Management experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com