We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Director of Global Network Engineering, should be highly motivated, and action orientated to lead a global team responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Network infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a deep understating of networking technologies, a proven track record of designing and implementing complex networking solutions, as well as experience managing a global team of managers and engineers. This individual will be responsible for driving technology and staffing strategy, improving processes, enhancing efficiency, and ensuring quality for data and video networking services.
This leader will also be adept at directing cross-functional teams of engineers and clients to deliver projects and address critical business issues. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have an excellent understanding of both on-premises and public cloud network technologies and security. Will work closely with other Network, Infrastructure, Operations, Security, Application Development as well as end user computing teams, to implement, to monitor and maintain production and dev environments in a 24/7/365 global environment.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the network engineering team, focusing on the future needs of the organization, and ensuring alignment with overall business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of our global network infrastructure, including data centers, campus networks, and wide area networks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop network architecture, standards, and policies that support our business objectives and ensure network performance, availability, and security.
- Manage the network engineering budget, ensuring cost-effective and efficient use of resources.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with network service providers and vendors, negotiating contracts and managing SLAs and SLOs
- Implement and maintain a full hardware lifecycle management program.
- Lead and mentor a team of network engineers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professional growth.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and best practices in network design and operations.
- Lead IT Command Center to monitor and control large computer networks, applications, servers from a central location. responsible for troubleshooting and alarm response.
Required knowledge and skills
- Provide strategic leadership in the design and implementation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Deliver detailed architectural specifications for a rapidly growing global network footprint (hardware, routing, management/tooling, etc.) Responsible for traffic
- Manage a team of senior and mid-level Managers /engineers. Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, and career development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- 15+ years of relevant work experience is required, with 10 years of experience managing and supervising employees is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- The candidate must possess exceptional knowledge of multi-platform network architecture, design, integration, and security.
- Ensure service delivery is within performance and cost targets, continuously striving for optimal results and improving capabilities based on rigorous data analysis and leveraging previous transformation experience.
- Anticipate future industry, company, and labor dynamics to hire and train staff with the necessary skills for the future.
- Advocate for Changes in engineering, operations, and business process to drive efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand emerging priorities and proactively develop network architecture and engineering design changes to support them.
- Establish and monitor KPIs that provide early warning of potential challenges and drive preventive actions.
- Effectively prioritize initiatives to optimize value and risk management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully and promote/sell ideas persuasively.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy (This notice MUST be included in a job posting in Korea only to comply with the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.) This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.