We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-trillion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce. We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day. Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always- on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Retail Home Living & Leisure Team contribute to providing the best customer experience by implementing a retail business model optimized for the Home Living & Leisure group and establishing an efficient process with related departments. We organize and analyze realistic and feasible matters that meet business goals to derive improvement points; we propose and promote continuous process improvement and new tasks.
As Retail Excellence Director you will be responsible for defining, implementing, and monitoring Retail business policy, strategy, and key metrics. With millions of Retail selection products and a wide range of categories, it is critical to have a center of excellence for the Retail business. You will be responsible for setting up the policies and strategy for the Home Living & Leisure function, continuously improving processes/metrics and bringing innovations that can secure year over year growth and profitability. You will work closely with other Retail business leaders and operation teams, while leading critical initiatives between product and business/operations teams to define and prioritize key objective and tech projects.
In this role you will work with policies and strategy – particularly the vendor management strategy:
- Develop playbook for Vendor Management across all growth inputs including selection, availability, operational excellence, traffic, conversions etc.
- Bring together the different programmes within Coupang and drive vendor adoption for these programmes
- Develop a scalable vendor negotiation strategy with the associated tools and dashboards
You will also leverage metrics, analytics and dashboards to track success:
- Build relevant dashboard and trackers to ensure that we can track progress against plan
- Defining metrics and setting up processes on key success KPIs for key programmes
- Monitoring and implementing proper reviews and feedbacks as required
You will collect and define new initiatives for future growth:
- Ensure we have a strong automation framework to help our Brand Managers spend their time on value added activities
- Drive new margin enhancing and free cash flow generative programmes
- Working with cross-functional teams (onboarding, business managers, instock, etc.).
- Working with product managers and tech teams on prioritization and delivery of key projects.
Lead a high performing direct and virtual team:
- Lead a high performing team to achieve your goals and objectives
You will identify the necessary parts for Home Living & Leisure Business, and leading the entire project from proposing, planning, developing, launching and follow-up performance management of new projects. Plan new programs to improve customer experience, define existing program issues, share issues with related teams, and present improvement plans.
- Extensive experience with demonstrated success in program & product management, business management and/or business operations.
- Deep knowledge of the home living & leisure retail.
- Strong problem-solving mindset and logical data-driven thinking.
- Deep-dive and process-driven skillsets.
- Experience in working in start-up environment (multiple testing, quick decision making, fast scale up).
- Ability to collaborate and align strategy with leadership while driving execution efficiency.
- Experience working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Ability to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes.
- Education in a related field / MBA preferred.
At Coupang, we need leaders that are doers. As a leader in our Retail excellence function, you will demonstrate the ability to dive deep to understand and simplify complex processes and data without sacrificing crucial details, and you will adopt a company-wide perspective in developing strategies and recommendations, as well as implementing solutions. You will also consistently demonstrate the ability to deliver results with grit and work with urgency towards our goals. You will hate waste, working to identify opportunities for improvement; we need someone who can think big and innovate, while building and leading highly functional teams focused on execution excellence.
Recruitment Process and Others
Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below. https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy
Document Return Policy
This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.