We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Customer Experience at Coupang
We are reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Our vision is to make Coupang the destination to find, explore, research, and buy any product. The Customer Experience team builds technology to create magical moments for our customers and ensures an amazing shopping experience across all platforms.
About the Role
The Director of Product Design will be a core member of the Coupang Eats leadership team and will be responsible for building and delivering a best-in-class experience for Coupang’s Eat’s offering. This leader will have full UX ownership across the Eats CRM, Drivers, and Customer UX teams. This leader will also be a critical partner to the Merchant Solutions organization.
- Transition our Core consumers app to a world- class global app;
- Build, manage and scale a high performing team to optimize new and existing features across numerous product categories, overseeing all aspects of the design lifecycle;
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization (UX, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Fulfillments) to define the strategy for the release of new product categories;
- Ensure the latest innovations in the field of behavioral science are incorporated into all aspects of the design process;
- Act as an advocate for Customers and Drivers at every opportunity, relentlessly refining the customer journey through the application of data-driven insights;
- Identify design problems/inefficiencies and devise scalable solutions;
- Build capability within the wider team, raising standards and act as a leadership role model.
- Track record (5+ years) of managing teams of Designers, Researchers, and/or Product Owners;
- 10+ years of experience delivering high quality designs;
- Has led design sprints, team brainstorming, and ideation exercises;
- Closely partnered with Product Owners to develop strategy and rationale for large and complex features, projects, or programs;
- Collaborated with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment;
- Track record of using data and quantitative research methodologies to inform decision making across the entire product design process/lifecycle;
- Domain knowledge of the e-commerce and/or food delivery sectors or understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model.
Traits and Competencies
- Able to operate autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements;
- Able to pitch and hold in depth discussions with the C-level stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, Ethnography or equivalent practical experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in either/both English and Korean.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.