We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the Team
Growth Marketing (GM) organization is responsible for enabling all things related to sustainable and efficient marketing traffic, conversion, retention, and growth at Coupang. We are one of the largest performance advertisers in the World and have invested in a full funnel marketing tech stack powered through 9+ platforms across areas. Growth Product is the product management arm of Growth Marketing and is supported by dedicated Growth Engineering, Data Science and Analytics team with in the larger GM org.
We are seeking an experienced, data driven and customer-oriented Search Engine Optimization product leader, capable of driving commercial success at scale. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading SEO experiments, scaling out successful efforts, and communicating overall channel performance to key stakeholders.
To do so, the successful candidate will work closely with Paid search and Category business stakeholders, Catalog team. SEO is a grounds up initiative for Coupang and the candidate will be responsible to optimize Coupang websites for search engines and manages the landing page experience from search engines for our customers, developing world leading proprietary technology including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes. This role has responsibility for both strategy and execution, and as such, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of working closely with both technical and business teams.
The successful candidate will have a combination of technical SEO skills as well as tactical SEO experience. In your role, you will be leveraging support from Business Analyst, engineering and merchandising to help you succeed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing and Information Services or related quantitative fields
- 7+ years’ experience in eCommerce, online marketing or related fields
- Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion
- Ability to drive clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing SEO for a large-scale eCommerce website
- Experience working with remote international teams
- Expert envisioning internal SEO reporting systems and understanding and using external SEO tools
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
- (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.