Coupang Pay, a fintech subsidiary of Coupang Corp., offers payment gateway services that have been developed and customized to meet the growing needs of our customers. Coupang Pay is focused on providing innovative payment and financial service solutions to all people and businesses that use Coupang’s platforms, ranging from the customers who make a purchase on coupang.com and use Coupang Eats service, the merchants that sell on Coupang’s open market platform and the
restaurants that use Coupang Eats delivery service.Coupang Pay strives to innovate all of our customers’ payment-related experiences with those who have the most diverse fintech experiences and have a good understanding of Coupang’s businesses. Do you want to know more about Coupang Pay? Then, join in our journey.
Our Coupang Pay Product Engineering team based in Seoul is at the forefront of developing, launching and managing our products and wowing our customers every day. We are looking for a seasoned software architect who has deep experience in creating and scaling software that deliver a transformative customer experience.
Lead and implement the systems design of Coupang Pay products
Participate and lead the systems design discussion with senior/junior developers
Lead engineers in mission-critical projects and promptly resolve complicated business issues
Serve as the mentor of senior/junior developers and contribute to their growth
Collaborate with other tech leaders in Coupang to scale up our services in a novel manner
Experience in designing and operating large-capacity systems that generate transactions (Write 5,000 Tps, Read 20,000 Tps or more)
Sophisticated knowledge in Java (Kotlin), Spring and MSA environments
15+ years of experience in the design and implementation of back-end architecture
Experience in B2C business domains
Experience in dealing with and resolving the issues that occur when an organization grows in size and the systems get complicated
Proven record and experience in the provision of mission-critical system
Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or other related tech majors
Experience in payment domains
The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-changing environment
Strong passion to implement products
Good understanding of the agile software development methods
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - 1st Interview - 2nd Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.