Staff Product Designer, Search & Discovery
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The Search & Discovery team in Mountain View focuses on product search innovation to better serve search quality and enhance the user experience. As a member of the Search & Discovery Product Design team, you will define how a customer experiences the most advanced shopping experience solutions in existence for the largest online retailer in South Korea. You work as part of a cross-disciplinary team including product owners & engineers in identifying the right problems to tackle for our customers. Our UX team includes UX researchers, content strategists, and brand designers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity.
What You Will Do
As a Staff Product Designer at Coupang, you are expected to own the entire design from strategy to final execution for each project you are involved with. You will work across all category offerings producing scalable design solutions while maintaining the consistent standards of elegant simplicity that our customers expect. A strong ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant UX solutions is the key to success at Coupang. You are also expected to make data-informed decisions to drive business impact and think systematically to consider all aspects of user experience. Above all, your design should be supported by your clear rationale and logic.
- 7+ years of experience designing intuitive user interfaces for an ecommerce platform and/or consumer mobile application across both iOS and Android platforms
- A portfolio demonstrating thoughtful process and execution of related projects
- Experience working with Figma as a primary design tool producing low & hi-fidelity mock-ups, prototypes, design guides and presentations
- Experience collaborating with product owner and engineers to define and address customer needs, business needs and technical feasibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual fluency in Korean & English (our core market is in S. Korea)
- Domain expertise in e-commerce/marketplace platform
- Experience working closely with diverse teams and stakeholders across the organization (UX, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Legal) in building an overall strategy of a project and basis of the deliverable
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the email address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and reasonable accommodation in the application process due to a disability, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.