Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The Accounting Manager, will be a key member of the US finance organization at Coupang. The Accounting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and will manage all day to day accounting functions including, but not limited to, accounts payable, asset accounting, ledger maintenance, and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will also collaborate with Korea Finance members to ensure timely submission of company financials.
What you will do
- Manage accounting staff and all related accounting transactions
- Work closely with Accounts Payable Manager for accurate and timely processing of EFT and vendor transactions
- Maintain weekly (cash plan) budget
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close process
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial information
- Fixed asset accounting
- Validate data between Warehouse ERP and Accounting ERP, reconcile, and communicate with other departments regarding the accounting impact
- Prepare 1099s
- Be able to solve, diagnose, or correct complex operational and accounting challenges
· Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Be able to accept other ad hoc duties as needed
- Develop, implement, and document more efficient procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Five+ years of related work and management experience in finance and accounting, experience in e-commerce is a plus
- Three to five years supervisory experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, start-up, or similar company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Intermediate experience with ERP solutions, ideally having experience with Netsuite
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.
· Personal characteristics that will align with this position include: Creative, intelligent, energetic, decisive, possessing drive and initiative, maturity, flexibility, patience, persistence, excellent communication skills with abilities to work closely with staff and other departmental managers, and have unquestioned values of honesty and integrity
- Key role in Accounting ERP implementations
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .