Staff, Video Live Streaming Engineer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Coupang Play can be accessed through mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and viewers' preferred web browsers. Coupang Play's competitive content library provides differentiated content such as TV series, movies, sports broadcasts, and educational content suitable for a variety of tastes and ages, including children. In addition, we are producing original content for a richer customer experience.
Coupang Play is one of the fastest growing OTT services in Korea, redefining the way customers enjoy digital entertainment. If you are interested in creating services that customers want and solving complex problems, join Coupang Play.
- Video Live Streaming Engineer
Video is the very core of Coupang Play’s technology platform, and we are building Coupang Play’s new generation of video streaming architecture.
Video live streaming engineer is one of the important roles of Coupang Play’s product organization, and contributes to the wonderful live streaming experience through close collaboration based on agile processes with product managers, product designers, mobile engineers, and QA engineers.
The Coupang Play engineering team is looking for a senior engineer in designing, implementing, deploying, and creating operational support systems for video streaming systems.
You are expected to push the organization to adopt better technologies and techniques to deliver amazing video streaming experiences to wow our customers.
Requires experience in highly available distributed systems, is responsible for designing and developing systems that provide services to millions of customers, and has a clear direction and the ability to work independently to perform mission-critical tasks.
- Develop, improve, automate, and support Coupang Play live video streaming platform.
- Building RESTful API to interact with video streaming services.
- Optimizing video applications for maximum speed and performance in products and services.
- Plan CDN capacity, video streaming resources, and handle graceful service degradation.
- Write technical documents and establish operational excellence.
- To improve engineering excellence for the team and organization.
- Involved in establishing the future of Coupang Play video streaming architecture.
- Those who have a bachelor’s degree or higher in computer engineering or a related major, and 10 years or more of work experience related to back-end engineering, and are capable of system engineering with video applications or the latest tech stack
- Able to manage real-time video streaming, live DRM, and live streaming CDN.
- You have the ability to leverage AWS, GCP, or similar modern cloud computing.
- Those who have experience dealing with issues and bug ticketing systems such as Zendesk, JIRA, and GitHub.
- Those who have the ability and experience to actively analyze problems to find causes and solve them.
- Expertise or deep experience in live video and audio streaming.
- Expertise or deep knowledge in DRM requirements for video applications.
- Experience with video and audio codecs like H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1, AAC.
- Those with OTT engineering experience.
- Familiarity with AWS IVS, or AWS Elemental MediaLive, or equivalent.
- Those with experience in backend engineering in large data and traffic environments.
- Those who have the ability to collaborate with iOS/Android developers to solve video playback problems.
- Those who can communicate in basic English