Staff, Machine Learning Engineer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
Machine Learning Engineer(ML Engineer) at Coupang Play mines vast amount of data to gain insights from OTT subscriber's behavior; create data jobs to generate Machine Learning features; Build, train and improve new or existing models; participate in building the framework used for contents recommendations and personalization by leveraging all available data sources, machine learning tools, and other technical platforms. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to build recommendation and personalization. The goal is to help our customers discover and consume the right content for them.
What You Will Do
- Data collection: Develop data requirements and coordinate with relevant engineering and business teams to setup data collection as well as to validate data
- Modeling / Algorithm development: Develop necessary features for models using the collected data to analyze alternative models and train relevant models using scientific tools and coding
- Production testing and finalizing: Setup necessary testing requirement for the models in production, including A/B testing. Analyze the results to gather insights about the model
- Production maintenance: Maintain existing and iterate new algorithm development, testing and deployment on further improvement
- 6+ years of experience in analyzing large data sets to drive significant business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or related field e.g. Mathematics, Operations Data Research
- Strong statistical background, especially in experimentation and modeling
- Proficiency in a statistics tool, recommendation and personalization
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate methodologies, results clearly and concisely to team members and managers
- Lead strategic analyses to understand customer behavior and develop business success metrics
- Deep product sense, self-starter and ability to drive research projects
- Fluency in Korean
- Experience with streaming data in machine learning
- Experience with experimentation methodologies - post-stratification, quasi-experimental research designs, sequential testing
- Experience with AWS or other high-level data science platforms
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or related field e.g. Mathematics, Operations Data Research
- Experience in software engineering
- Start-up experience preferred.