We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As our staff machine learning engineer for Coupang Media Group (CMG), Ads Growth team, you will be responsible for designing/implementing machine learning models, performing data analysis, and optimizing algorithms to boost our ads business and improve our advertisers’ experience.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly since then. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our e-commerce website and beyond. The Ads Growth team is responsible for finding new opportunities and helping to optimize the behaviors of the exiting advertisers.
This is an opportunity to be part of an organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. The team consists of machine learning engineers, data scientists, economists and software developing engineers with highly collaborative culture.
What You Will do
- Work with product team, sales team, and other stakeholders to formulate the business problems into machine learning and data analysis projects.
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models and systems.
- Perform statistical analyses to improve advertiser benefit and our ads revenue.
- Find new opportunities to expand our ads business to new customers/products with data and machine learning model supports.
- Effectively collaborate with other roles, including machine learning engineers, data scientists, economists and software developing engineers, to lead projects within or across team.
- Solve ambiguity and act as consultant in ML model related problems across team.
- Mentor the junior team members.
- Master or Ph.D. degree in quantitative fields, such as computer science, statistics, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- 3+ years (for Ph.D.) or 5+ years (for other degrees) of industry experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create and optimize machine learning models.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving problems with data science, launching successful features and improving business metrics.
- Ability and experience to write robust and efficient code using Java, Python, etc for model prototypes and working with software engineers for productionizing them.
- Strong ownership and ability to lead project end to end; Good communicator, both to technical and business audiences.
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team, and to deal with ambiguity in business and technology.
- Ph.D. in quantitative fields is strongly preferred.
- 2+ year experience with advertising or ecommerce industry.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $138,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $297,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .