Staff, iOS Engineer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
iOS Engineers contribute to the product development on Apple platforms such as iOS, tvOS, and macOS. We are looking for individuals who will improve the development of Coupang Play to support our customers using the iOS App.
What You Will Do
- Improve the development of Coupang Play, to support customers using our iOS App
- Build scalable, testable architecture design and improvement based on MVVM
- Drive best practice software development principles, that are common reusable modules and frameworks
- Improve security and performance of the iOS App
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of coding experience with iOS, proficiency in Swift and Objective C
- Deep understanding of UI development of iOS, experience with Storyboard UI and SwiftUI
- Ability to conduct complex A/B testing, able to do experiment analysis
- Launched 2 major product features in the last year
- Proven experience in developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications
- Experience with HLS, AV Player, Fairplay DRM, offline playback, Chromecast SDK
- Expert domain knowledge with real-time application, video/audio streaming, gaming application
- Experience of working within a start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.