Business Relationship Manager is a critical role in supporting growth in our organization, managing, and driving stability for our applications, by enabling end users to rapidly and successfully adapt products and technology to realize business value. This role will require partnering with peers, business stakeholders, software and services providers and colleagues within and outside the application support team, to maintain, support and improve the applications, analyze and trouble shoot problems, identify and automate frequently used administration activities.
The Teams’ vision of enabling IT to be a more proactive, responsive and strategic service provider, this role develops a deep understanding of customer’s needs, then identifies opportunities to solve their problems and, as a result, increase adaption of related services. As advocates of IT application, they also champion awareness and influence perception with customers to facilitate better partnership and value harvesting. Vital to transforming IT from a cost center into a value center, shifting from a silo-based domain to a unified and integrated architecture organization, providing oversight and guidance that helps to optimize and grow business to “Wow the Customer”. Working collaboratively across the organization to provide our customers with the best tools and technologies, so they are able to perform better, faster and more efficiently, but discovering, designing, delivering and sustaining high quality systems and solutions.
Primary Role Description:
- Partners closely with business executives across the Corporate Finance functional areas: Global Finance/Accounting, Corporate Financial Planning & Analytics, Global Consolidation and Financial Reporting, Corporate Tax, Corporate Treasury, Internal Audit and Procurement.
- Lead as the strategic interface between the Corporate IT BRM’s function and business to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand and ensure that the potential business value is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
- Develops the IT Strategy and Roadmap supporting the Corporate Finance organization.
- Manages the Corporate Finance Portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Provide overall business/technology architecture design and alignment within Coupang’s architecture and other services.
- Design and develop solution architecture patterns by identifying common reusable patterns and standardize them across the organization and country level for the identified business domain.
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans, case development, financial awareness, leading expectations, and finding opportunities to add new value.
- Align with the business on the portfolio of programs, projects and applications and ensure that the Corporate Finance IT long range plan and budget are aligned.
- Collaborate across the organization and external partners to ensure adequate and timely delivery of services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities linked to regulatory, legal, privacy, security and economic situations across countries and business units. Partner with business leadership, IT peers and vendors to address these in the most efficient way.
- Continually seek opportunities for value generation, cost reductions, and cost avoidance.
- Champion change and innovation. Promote a global perspective.
- Manage issues, risks and decision making within effective timeframe and outcome.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant to Finance, Accounting and Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years of IT experience in large or mid-size multinational company
- Broad IT expertise in various disciplines; Experience in Record to Report, Financial Planning & Analytics, Tax, Treasury, Audit and Procurement a plus.
- Solutioning & Architecting Experience in one of the public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Experience with vendor management, solution evaluations/software selection, and Statement of Work (SOW) reviews.
- Competencies in quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Experience to create robust, sustainable architecture that supports requirements and provides for scalability given budgetary constraints and user requirements.
- Portfolio management experience with projects ranging from $1M-$5MM.
- Proven leadership skills, self-directed with strong work ethic.
- Proven ability in facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives.
- Ability to listen, establish rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
- Ability to map organizational vision and long-term thinking, originality, and idea generation.
- Highly skilled and experienced at problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes at executive levels.
- Ability work effectively with all levels of management up to and including IT and Finance Directors and VP’s/Corporate Officers.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and relationship building skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to design solutions not immediately apparent
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Multilingual, Korean, and English
- 5+ years experience with SAP and Ariba
- 5+ years or more of project management
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Technology knowledge of the following disciplines a plus: Record to Report, Financial Planning & Analytics, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Business Intelligence/Data Analytics, and ERP
- Exposure to large scale business transformation project is an added advantage
- Previous strategy development experience
- Experience leading teams - both direct and indirect – a plus.