* English resume only (Interviews will take place in English)
The S&OP team plays a critical role in orchestrating capacity supply across all assets in the network. The team provides a short-term (Week+1) to long-term (+5 years)view of required capacity. S&OP team connects demand generation teams with demand fulfillment teams and presents a company-wide view. S&OP team is at the core of the Business playing a pivotal role both in the short and long term driving multiple financial and strategic decisions for the sustainable and Profitable growth of the organization.
Role Overview/Job Summary:
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist responsible for data processing, complex mathematical modeling, data analysis and insight generation using available data sources, advanced data extraction and analysis tools, machine learning and other statistical tools and methods. Our mission is to provide timely insights into key decisions making to help drive the business forward as quickly and efficiently as possible. This hire would be the pivotal member of our S&OP team with immense scope to drive impact.Let's create a world in which customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” together.
- Data requirement development and validation along with required coordination with engineering and Business Teams
- Model development using collected data, training of developed models, analysis and assess the efficacy of multiple models
- Do Model testing, analyze the results and generate insights about the model and iterate on further improvements
- Present the models and outcomes to relevant teams, stakeholders and leadership team to take the buy-in and usability impact
- Understand different aspects of demand and Supply planning business logic and be able to translate it into distributed and efficient data processing & planning business models.
- Developing optimization models to support network decisions
- Contribute to the design and development of our next-generation data reporting through multiple reporting tools like, but not limited to, Powerbi, Tableau
- Build efficient and automated data fetching models to drive efficiency in overall planning process across the S&OP team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 4+ years of coding experience in the following: Python, SQL, R along with deep understanding of reporting tools like Powerbi, Tableau etc.
- Understanding of AWS Redshift & Hadoop environment with handling of large data volumes via HIVE, Spark
- In-depth understanding of Exploratory Data Analysis to derive findings & insights
- Metadata understanding to analyze data tables & report KPIs
- Should be able to build an optimization engine for the business problems by factoring in all the decision-making variables into the algorithm via Python, R
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders clearly and concisely across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross-functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with handling large data volumes in Redshift & Hadoop, via HIVE, Spark.
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on database creation, BI, dashboarding, and Automation
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize complex business problems with data and insight-driven solutions
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge conventional wisdom
- Experience with supply chain analytics/automation/design function in a large e-commerce environment
- Experience working with AWS –Redshift & Hadoop
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Python and building data pipelines
- Ability to work efficiently with teams outside of S&OP analytics working on upstream and downstream dependencies
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries