This role would be part of Fresh - SCM Autonomation team in Coupang. SCM Autonomation team is responsible for building products, deep data science capabilities, analytical frameworks to provide world class solutions to our customers in term of products availability (measured as Instock) on platform and at the same time solving it at right cost to business (measured as Scrap and/or DOC). This team is responsible for building scalable product & analytical solutions in Forecasting, Capacity orchestration, Master management, Auto replenishment, Inventory placement and Vendor supply design areas
As a Staff Data Analyst for Fresh SCM, you will be owning and driving critical decision making across a range of ambiguous problems using data. Fresh – SCM area belongs to “Operations Research” domain and involves lot of optimization problem solving. You will be part of team solving interesting problems such as “Optimal vendor ordering & delivery schedule”, “Optimal inventory design targets” or Price elasticity of demand sensitivity to forecasting variance. You will be involved in building analytical capabilities for Fresh-Grocery, fastest growing category in eCommerce across world, involving low shelf-life SKUs which bring another level of complexity all together.
You will be structuring the data, defining constraints, parameters, and decision variables, and run simulations to optimize business outcomes and facilitate business decision making. You have a mindset that constantly challenges the status quo, and you possess a high degree of decision-making acumen.
- Inventory Analytics & modelling working with forecasting data science, supply chain, product teams and building decision models using statistical tools
- Forecasting Analytics – defining KPIs and identifying improvement opportunities
- Solving Network Inventory redistribution optimization problem
- Utilize code (Python, R, SQL etc.) for extracting, analyzing, and structuring data to facilitate insightful business decision making
- Run simulations and build optimizing models factoring in constraints and a wide range of variables and outliers
- Build reporting dashboards, measure performance, and provide insights explaining variances
- Minimum Bachelor's degree / master’s degree in data science / analytics
- 7-10 years of experience in Business Analytics / Data Analytics preferably in supply chain management / Inventory management / Demand planning domains
- Highly proficient in business & data analytics and associated tools like Tableau / Power BI and Excel / R. Either of Tableau or Power BI experience is MUST
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in e-commerce, retail/FMCG & distribution (e.g. Discount Store, CVS) or global companies
- Experience with Supply chain / Inventory Planning / Demand & Supply Planning