We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As part of Coupang’s Platform Organization, the Storage Platform team manages company-wide stateful services, including RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and workflow orchestration services across all business domains.
We are responsible for building highly reliable and scalable storage solutions for the company’s growing business and services. In the past few years, we successfully scaled our platform to sustain peak time volume at multi-million QPS (per service), and reliability of well above 99.99%. As our business continues to grow tremendously, we are growing capabilities and providing services in massive scale workflow execution engine.
If you have solid engineering background in large scale distributed systems, in-depth development experience in one or a few modern database systems, we want to talk to you. We have the opportunities to work on architecting and designing extremely highly available stateful services in distributed, cloud environment. If you share the same passion with us, please join us!
Key Responsibilities :
- Build, manage and maintain company-wide workflow orchestration infrastructure
- Design, develop and implement software that improves infrastructure availability, stability, scalability and performance with smooth operations.
- Design, develop and implement sub-systems of workflow management service including back-end APIs and UI.
- Work closely with Coupang internal engineering teams and help them adopt our cutting-edging products/services.
- Automate operations and accelerate responses to common service conditions.
- Solve problems occurring with our production systems, and build solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining large-scale software infrastructures
- Mastery in at least one programming language. Java, Python, or Go is a plus
- Proven experience with distributed systems, expertise in distributed storage like Cassandra, ElasticSearch is a plus
- Solid cloud experience (AWS preferred) on both software development and operations
- Team player and fast learner with the ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong ownership and be passionate about applying new technologies to real products
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .