Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Taipei.
As part of Coupang’s Tech Infrastructure organization, Corner Stone team manages company-wide RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed storage, workflow engine, big table database across all business domains. We are responsible for building highly reliable and scalable storage and database solutions for the company’s growing applications and services. In the past few years, we successfully scaled our platform to sustain peak time volume at multi-million QPS (per service), and reliability above 99.99%. As our business continues to grow tremendously, we need to move the platform to the next level of reliability and scalability.
We are looking for engineers with solid, hands-on background in large-scale distributed systems, in-depth development experience in one or several modern database systems and workflow engine to fill the role of Senior Staff Engineer. In this role, you will help some of the fast-growing services solve their database/storage scalability and reliability problems. You will also work on architecting and designing extremely highly available (99.999%) database systems in distributed and cloud environment. If you feel passionate about building massive online database systems that can scale to hundreds of nodes to serve 10s of millions of TPS, you share the same passion with us, and we welcome you reach out to us.
What You Will Do:
- Architect and design storage subsystem for mission critical services with extremely high availability.
- Design software solutions such as storage/database SDKs and custom libraries to solve complex business problems.
- Collaborate with and influence various teams and organizations across the company on design principles of large-scale storage systems.
- Organize and drive architecture and design review on database/storage subsystems.
- Explore and recommend technologies to solve storage/database reliability and scalability problems in various business domains.
- Help develop Storage Platform’s roadmap and strategy.
- Be hands-on and lead the development of next generation in-house storage solution.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Solid software development background in large scale, mission critical systems.
- Programming with objective oriented language like Java, understand Go language is a plus
- Solid experience on AWS cloud services
- Has strong leadership to lead several SDE to complete project E2E
- Deal with ambiguity and complete the project with an ambiguous business goal
- Experience with various types of databases (Relational, No-SQL, BigTable, KeyValue).
- Experience with distributed systems like Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with workflow engine, prefer Temploral.
- Familiar with performance monitoring, DevOps and SRE concepts.
- BS in Computer Science, EE, or other engineering fields. MS preferred.
- Strong verbal and written English
Pay & Benefits:
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $142,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $309,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation:
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.