We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As our Staff Software Engineer for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for designing and developing critical systems to support Coupang’s fast business growth.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class online marketing business where we run relevant ads and promotions across our website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services to fuel Coupang business's future growth by providing self-service online marketing capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
What You Will do
We are looking for passionate software engineers to build the big data pipeline and highly scalable online systems. You will be working on search, recommendation, and machine learning technologies and systems to power and enhance our services. You are responsible for developing low latency, highly available, large-scale services and systems and building APIs for programmatic integrations.
Are you passionate about building low latent and highly scalable distributed services? Are you passionate about building AI-oriented systems and platforms? Do you want to be part of huge opportunities in building a world-class Coupang business? If so, let's chat!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 8+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 8+ years of coding experience in Java
- Hands-on experience in building large scale data infrastructures
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services
- Experience in building machine learning applications and systems
- Experience in building search and recommendation systems and applications
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $161,595/year in our lowest geographic market to $300,105/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .