Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
A Sr./Staff Data Analyst, Data Analysis leads multiple, impactful projects related to the quality, availability, and depth of data needed by Coupang to make business decisions. This person will use their deep expertise in SQL and other languages, data ETL development, and data integrity to ensure that necessary information is available for all levels of analysis and decision making at Coupang.
The Product Analytics team brings data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers. As a Data Analyst on the team, you will focus on Coupang mobile app performance and optimization, including conversion tracking by applying various KPI’s, along with analyzing the success of A/B and multivariate testing initiatives. You will work closely with Engineering and Product teams to not only accomplish business goals, but to come up with novel ways to capture and analyze data. Additionally, you will contribute to analytics projects designed to help drive Coupang's growth, support specific initiatives from all areas of Coupang, and help analysts across the team and organization with their development.
• Hypothesis Validations – Generate test hypotheses and clearly validate opportunities/recommend actions that can have positive improvements in customer experience and business KPI’s.
• Test Analysis – Drive proper A/B analysis with statistical rigor and perform cohort studies to answer “why?” on test result drivers. Ideate more complex tests from an analytical and insightful reporting perspective. Develop automated data workflows and dashboards to monitor ongoing test performance/results.
• Tell a Concise Story – At completion of Tests, build timely, compelling, fact-based test recaps that strongly communicate the business ‘story’ behind the data and test outcomes
• Communicate Results – Identify successes, failures, trends, and effectively communicate these findings to the organization. If test results are positive – analyze KPI improvements in pre/post A/B test roll-outs; if results are negative – perform driver analysis to recommend next iteration of that test
• Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business), or equivalent experience
• Has experience with SQL, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
• Has experience working with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Presto
• Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving ambiguous and unstructured problems
• Master’s degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business),
• Has experience in E-commerce product analytics
• Tableau, Redash and Airflow experience
• Solid A/B testing experience
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.