We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the Team
The Catalog team at Coupang is seeking an experienced Product Manager to oversee and improve aspects of the Buybox, Trust & Safety, Catalog Platform, and Catalog Quality. The Catalog team plays a critical role in shaping the customer and shopper experience on Coupang and is highly cross-functional, collaborating with teams including Search, Marketplace, Retail, Ads, Front-end, and Operations.
In this Senior Product Manager II role, you will be responsible for setting and owning key performance indicators that support the team's overall goals and objectives. You will design algorithms, systems, and metrics to effectively track and evaluate the adoption, performance, and progress of products. You will work closely with customers to understand their needs and collaborate with technical teams to develop and implement systemic solutions within the Catalog systems.
The role is currently based out of Seoul, South Korea.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management or a related field
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems, and an additional 2 years of experience
- Experience in Product management or Engineering or Data Science
- Experience working in a technical environment with a cross-functional team to develop and implement a product vision and guide the team through key milestones
- Experience creating ML-based and user-focused features
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and launching software or applications that provide an end-to-end experience in a large, complex domain
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Experience analyzing large data sets and making decisions based on the data
- Experience gathering requirements from various stakeholders and turning them into a product solution
- Technical expertise in analytical tools, methodologies, and design
- Strong leadership, organizational, and execution skills
- At least 8 years of experience working with engineering, design, and user research teams
- Experience identifying key opportunities and developing product visions, strategies, and roadmaps that align with broader organizational goals
- Experience managing the entire product development lifecycle, incorporating customer feedback into requirements, and overseeing pre- and post-launch execution
- A willingness to adapt and find creative solutions in a constantly changing environment.
- AB testing experience
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - 1st Interview - 2nd Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.