Sr. Manager, Back-end engineering (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
As a Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading one or more teams of engineers on all aspects of product development. You will partner with product management, product design, data analytics and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your teams. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they execute well every day. Finally, as we're scaling rapidly, you'll have lots of opportunities to build and grow the team via hiring and mentoring.
To accomplish this, you are expected to have an established background in building high-performing teams developing highly scalable systems and delivering cross-functional initiatives. You should be somebody who enjoys recruiting and coaching, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results.
Come innovate with the Coupang Play team!
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with modern cloud computing such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with machine learning
- Proven expertise in building large-scale distributed systems and data pipelines
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track of record delivering results at high speed and quality
- Strong hiring manager attracting top engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and technical writing skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- A love of digital entertainment!