Coupang is one of the largest and fastest-growing e-commerce platforms in the world. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
FTS(Fulfillment and Transportation Systems) is an organization that is responsible for all technology related to Coupang’s fulfillment and logistics system engineering.
As a Senior Director of Engineering and “Head of Transportation Systems”, you’ll be responsible for our hallmark service called “Rocket Delivery”, as such, you will be a results-oriented leader who will lead the development of end-to-end transportation systems starting from first mile, middle mile, all the way to last mile logistics, as well as order orchestration, order distribution, and shipment tracking system at Coupang.
As we continue to scale and innovate, you will be working on the most complex problems across our Transportation and Last Mile network, applying the latest algorithmic developments to drive a step-change in our logistic capacity and efficiency. Also, as we expand our logistic network beyond Korea, you will work with international expansion team to build and run our logistics network across other Asian countries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of experience.
- 10+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- A passion for people management and mentorship to grow them.
- Experience building and operating distributed systems that are highly available.
- Deep experience building high quality software with the Agile processes: Software design, code reviews, QA process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including top management in the operation team, and Coupang’s executive management team.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working closely with multiple engineering teams from Fulfillment and Logistics field, which is mainly operating based on KST time-zone.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience developing logistics systems or related fields in e-Commerce operation and Supply-chain technology.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.