We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang is seeking a dynamic and motivated Global Seller Sales Account Manager for the Coupang marketplace business. The Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring and managing Global Sellers based in the Americas to grow the their business in Coupang Marketplace.
As an Account manager, you will be responsible to prospect and acquire quality Sellers and manage the Sellers you acquired to help them sell effectively on Coupang and grow sales revenue. You will be able to promote and articulate compelling value propositions of Coupang Marketplace business to Sellers. You will develop a clear understanding of our products, policies and platform to better guide your Sellers. You will also be involved in creating new services to drive the business.
Core responsibilities for this role includes:
• Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to the Selling on Coupang.
• Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Coupang Global Selling business. Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
• Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
• Prospect business leads and market to and drive these leads to Coupang’s global marketplace to assist the Global Selling business in achieving its quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of sellers recruited.
• Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective US Sellers as well as respond to business forecasts.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings in Korea.
• Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Coupang Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis and marketplace analysis.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews of the business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the ROW global selling business
• Meet or exceed marketing targets and operational metrics.
• Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling service to potential Sellers.
• Engage with Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Coupang Services product set.
• Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Coupang products along with the features and functionalities.
• Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks, and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Coupang Global Selling business.
• 7+ years of successful sales and/or business development experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
• Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in marketing and pitching nascent products/services to new markets and customers.
• Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
• Relationship management and communication skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• Experience in Global e-commerce and/or Electronics, Beauty, Fashion, Home Goods industries.
• Proven ability to influence others.
• Ability to work with legal, product and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
• Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau.
• Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint.
• Success managing large account portfolios.
• Track record of successfully scaling business campaign.
• SQL skills desirable.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.