We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the role:
Rocket Growth is a Coupang platform for marketplace sellers to use Coupang fulfillment centers to fulfill their customer orders. It enables sellers to take advantage of Coupang’s state of art delivery technologies so that they can focus on providing best products to customers rather than dealing with shipping hassles.
We are seeking a bright and self-driven leader to help drive and build rocket growth systems by leading a group of talent engineers within rocket growth organization. As the leader of the team, you will
- Provide both strategic and tactical oversight to build the features and functionalities required to make Rocket Growth a successful business
- Be a key player for strategic planning, driving execution, team development, operation and product improvement.
- Be able to evaluate and analyze business requirements and user needs and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions. Lead developing software solutions working on complex issues requiring advanced evaluation of variable factors, utilize professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Provide feedback on architecture and design issues, and recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Be effectively collaborating with business teams on product ideas. Not only know how to solve problems, but how to coach engineers to do better than you in building the solutions.
- Have proven track record of building high performing engineering teams, passionate about customers and enjoy the work that demands creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, software development methodologies and scheduling, a track record of shipping software on time, services development, and people management to this high-accountability role.
- 10+ years leading or managing software development teams, strong technical credentials and hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
- Experience building, managing and working with international teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate proven technical leadership.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent strongly preferred.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or MBA strongly preferred.
- Large scale distributed systems experience is a plus.
- Effective communications skills (both verbal and written) - can present to executive team.
- Can quickly build technical credibility.
- Smart about choosing between fast and right.
- TPM/PM experience.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.