Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As our Senior Staff Machine Learning Engineer for Recommendations, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features and improve existing features for many product areas we own.
Recommendation team is responsible for Coupang’s related product recommendation, personalized gateway, widget ranking, and product review quality. Related product recommendation is a fast-growing area and we are continuously improving recommendation quality to help more and more customers find the best products for them. We have also started investing in personalized Gateway, aiming to build one of the best e-commerce discovery experiences. We use the state of the art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies, and we continuously innovate and build highly scalable systems to support the growing business and customer engagement.
What you will do
- Develop new Machine Learning models and features to create new recommendation algorithm or improve existing algorithms
- Mine vast amount of data to gain insights from customer behavior
- Create data jobs to generate Machine Learning features; build and train new models; run experiments to validate and launch new models
- Responsible for the production system running Machine Learning models
- Own the full practical Machine Learning process end to end
- 5+ years experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create and optimize machine learning models
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving problems with data science
- Fast paced self-learner with proven record of launching successful features and improving business metrics
- Write robust and efficient code using Java, Python etc with unit and integration tests
- Understand production environment, continuous build, monitoring and alerting. Able to dive deep to debug and resolve usual production issues.
- Practical understanding and hands-on experience with supervised learning methods (linear and logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, random forests, support vector machines, neural networks / deep learning, etc.) and unsupervised learning methods (K-means, hierarchical clustering)
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related science majors, Ph.D. strongly preferred
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please get in touch with us at email@example.com .