We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Fulfillment and Transportation Systems (FTS) Technology organization is responsible for the systems that enable Coupang to reliably deliver to customers within hours of orders being placed. FTS is on a mission to innovate logistics by building an efficient delivery network at breakthrough scale and speeds. As a Senior Staff Data Scientist in FTS, you will leverage advanced algorithms to improve Coupang’s customer experience by ensuring ultra-fast deliveries are on time even during the busiest times of the year. We are looking for a Scientist that can drive the direction of technology across multiple teams, leverage deep industry knowledge and use statistical and machine learning techniques to bring value to customers. The ideal candidates are pragmatic, resourceful, and embrace challenges that are seemingly impossible. The ideal candidates also have rich industry experience and a track record of delivering highly impactful projects.
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in solving complex problems in the area of operations research and developing strategies for large-scale supply chain, transportation and logistic networks.
- Perform quantitative, economic, and numerical analysis of the performance of large-scale systems under uncertainty using statistical and optimization tools such as Python, R and Xpress/Gurobi/CPLEX/etc to determine optimal and heuristic solution strategies for optimization problems.
- Apply theories of mathematical optimization, including linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, network flows and algorithms to design optimal or near optimal solution methodologies to be used by in-house decision support tools and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills while addressing both technical and business people; ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience. The ideal candidate should be able to present business cases, and document models, analyses, and results to influence important decisions
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
- Experience in supply chains, transportation and logistics, and network optimization models.
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $159,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $324,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com