Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price.
Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea and expanding our horizons into new countries.
About us :
We’re part of Customer Experience Product team, which aims to improve how our customers interact with your mobile/web products with their e-commerce journey.
We’re responsible for providing support in utilizing decision science techniques in product development, along with discovery of customer behaviors within our products, in journey of creating better customer-facing products.
- Wealth of experience in using SQL. Python(ideally using jupyter notebook) and Spark skill is a plus
- Understanding of A/B tests and its statistical concepts, with experience in designing and interpretation of A/B test results
- Having basic understanding of distributed systems, data modelling, and scientific methods. Proficient in descriptive statistics and familiar with inferential statistics
- Good presentation and communication skills in explaining data, as we often engage non-data savvy stakeholders
- Having inquisitive mindset- should be ready to dive into the unknown, discover, and share findings with others, while employing critical thinking and detail-oriented focus to solve ambiguous and unstructured problems
- Good command of English is a plus
What you will do with us :
- Validate hypotheses – generate test hypotheses, validate opportunities and recommend actions that can have positive improvements in customer experience and business KPIs.
- Test Analysis – Drive proper A/B analysis with statistical rigor and perform cohort studies to answer “why?” on test result drivers. Ideate more complex tests from an analytical and insightful reporting perspective.
- Develop automated dataworkflows and dashboards to monitor ongoing test performance/results, with maintaining key data artifacts and lineage (e.g., ETL, data models, queries)
- Utilizes relevant visualization tools (Tableau/PowerBI/Superset/etc.) to help track metrics and investigate data anomalies, and further segment metrics along suitable dimensions to reveal deeper dynamics
- Dive deeply into technical and operational details of the business (e.g., key dependencies, business drivers/KPIs, develop actionable business insights, etc.) and contribute to constructive technical discussions
- Explore and test more technically/computationally efficient solutions. Know how to ingest, process, and analyze data.
- Improve dataset quality and automate manual processes
- Provides insights and solutions that inform product team's business decisions
- Communicate proposals, findings with stakeholders and document through wiki for further consumption and distribution
- For more senior roles (Staff Data Analysts I,II), we expect you to be able to own an analytical domain of increasing complexity within the CX products and independently engage with multiple POs to prioritize and drive analytical/decision science agenda, while managing a small team(2-4) of analysts.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Virtual Onsite Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://privacy.coupang.com/ko/land/jobs/ (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.