We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang’s Rocket Growth team has the mission to offer Coupang customers the best available selection and the lowest possible price and provide Coupang sellers the utmost convenience of selling.
ROD is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join us to fulfill our mission. You will be working in a fast-paced environment along with a team of smart and passionate engineers to design and implement various systems to meet the needs of the ROD business. You will also have direct ownership of new features for improving ROD platform's scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility and performance. We care about both delighting customers and building high-quality software and are looking for someone with proven track record of designing and building large scale distributed systems.
- Building, owning, and maintenance of large-scale distributed systems
- Providing technical direction to junior engineers in the team
- Establishing and executing short and long-term design and architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continuing to innovate on the platform to support Rocket Growth programs
- Driving continual improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4-5+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 4-5+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .