Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Customer Experience product team is responsible for creating an amazing search, discovery and shopping experience for Customers. We are obsessed about improving every step of the conversion funnel, from the moment Customers sign up for a new Coupang account in our mobile app or website to finding the product they’re looking for and making the purchase.
Product Managers at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. You will be responsible to rethink how our millions of Customers search, discover, and purchase items across our vast product selection. You will work closely with the design and engineering teams to create the best product search and discovery experience, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the Customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. You will leverage our data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, Customer feedback, and usability studies to validate new product features that improve the buying experience for our Customers. You will focus on delivering a world-class mobile-first shopping experience – over 80% of our traffic is on mobile!
What You Will Do
- Spearhead product discovery and execution of merchant solution products for one of Coupang’s strategic projects.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog aligned with business objectives.
- Understand the competitive landscape and devise a plan to stay ahead of it, contribute to ideation for what we could build, and add clarity to our product roadmap.
- Be the “expert” on the current UX for your product areas and communicate your desired user experience. This includes creating user goals, doing user research, defining user journeys, and / or drawing wireframes to explain the user experience you envision.
- Facilitate and foster cross-team collaboration across business stakeholders, design and engineering teams to deliver an optimal user experience for target users.
- Communicate with clarity and cater messages to various audiences, from executives to engineers, with an innate ability to reduce complex ideas down to a simple narrative.
- Measure and review data to come up with ways to improve and build new features.
- Collect and analyze feedback from our customers and key stakeholders and distill it down into actionable requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- 5+ years’ experience in a 'product' role at a digital software company. Previous working experience with consumer facing product is a must. Will be better to have the experience working on business-facing product.
- You have played a major part—from concept to launch— in shipping multiple products or features with a clear business impact.
- You are a self-motivated, rigorous problem solver and can roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Track record of managing several stakeholders. You can influence without having direct authority.
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your metrics to ensure you’re delivering.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, critical reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable talking technology. You must understand the technical complexity of features and be comfortable communicating with developers on technical topics.
- E-commerce or Start up experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing products in mobile
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Korean communication
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Virtual Onsite Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- https://rocketyourcareer.usa.coupang.com/privacy-policy (U.S.)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( email@example.com ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.