Senior, Product Manager (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
Product Managers (also known as Product Owners) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. They are one of the most aggressive problem solvers.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers' pain points and become their champion
- Define and drive the vision, strategy, and success criteria for your problem space
- Influence other product owners to execute our vision from strategic planning to implementation
- Manage your team’s priorities, considering trade-offs and optimizing for customer experience
- Dive deep and maintain the technical understanding needed to actively contribute to engineering and product decision-making
- Work closely with engineering and UX teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, business leaders, operations and infrastructure teams
- Contribute to growing the team’s overall product skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management, including developing, delivering and executing on a strong product vision
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- OTT service experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing mobile products
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Experience with distributed systems, big data, and machine learning
- Experience with NLP, information retrieval, and computer vision
- Startup experience